Why do you need to buy kitchen fire blankets?
- We all know that kitchen fires are common in every house because of all the grease and oil, which can catch fire while cooking.
- Emergency fire blanket will be your perfect choice instead of panicking at the sound of the emergency alarms, and you will never need to call for emergency services because you will be able to put out the fire by yourself by using that fire blanket.
- By having an emergency fire blanket you will never have to use emergency fire equipment such as extinguishers or ladders, and you must make it on hand just in case there is any danger.
- You must know that fire safety blanket is working by not allowing any oxygen in to fuel the flames because of its simplicity, so we can say that fire safety blanket is very helpful for anyone who is inexperienced with fire extinguishers.
- It will be easy for you to escape from a fire and to cover your body or wrapping it around a child by any flameproof blanket, which will protect you and your family from flames and hot debris.
Things you need to know before buying the best fire blanket:
- If you want to buy the fire blanket, then you need to know some things to consider before purchasing, such as:
- It is important to choose the moderate size of fireblanket, which will be easy to hold and carry, it is also necessary to buy the one that can cover your whole body.
- You must stay away from small fireblanket because it will never fulfill your need, besides it will not be able to cover your body during the time of emergency very well.
- It will be good for you to choose the fireblanket that has 2 handles because it will help you to control them well.
- You will find that the best fire blanket is constructed with fiberglass materials, which is the most suitable material you will ever have because they are the best fire resistant, and you will notice that it will extinguish the fire more easily than any other material.
- You will also need to choose this material because they will never leave any mess after the fire, and they are also non-toxic, so they are the safest material for fire suppression blanket.
- You will find that there are so many different prices of fire suppression blanket, so we cannot tell you the real average of them at all, and the best way to know if the price is good for you or not, you need to look at the features of the fire blanket before looking at its cost.
- Therefore, you will notice that the price is depending on the features of fire blanket, overall you need to know that not all expensive items are the best.
- So you need to choose a moderate priced item and consider the size and material as we said before, and you will get the good fire blanket and it will give you great services.
Where to buy fire blanket?
- If you are asking yourself where to buy fire blanket, then you have to know that you can find any fire blanket you want in many places but the best way to buy it is on online websites because you will find all the types you want there in affordable prices and high quality.
- Amazon is the best online website because it offers the best fire blanket, which makes it one of the greatest online places, where you can choose any size you want and any kind you need.
- You will find all kinds of emergency fire blanket, which is ideal for the kitchen, car, fireplace, grill, camping and so on.
Why the fire blanket is your best choice to extinguish a fire?
- We all know that there are so many ways and tools that can be used to extinguish a fire, but a fire blanket is a quick, relatively mess-free way, so it will be your best choice ever.
- So many studies proved 30% of house fires are started by cooking equipment, and so many experts confirmed that a fire blanket is the easiest way to extinguish a kitchen fire because it will not be okay to spray water on a kitchen fire because it can spread the fire more and more and putting you at risk of burns.
- We can say that fire extinguishers are helpful and easy to use but they are not the best choice for you because they make a huge mess, unlike the fire blankets, which can simply protect you by covering the fire with them to cut off the fire’s supply of oxygen and smother the flames.
- Note: if you want to make your fire blankets accessible during an emergency, you will need to buy cabinets, which are specifically designed for fire blankets
How to use a fire blanket?
- First, we need to tell you that it is so necessary to store the fire blanket in an easily accessible quick-release container in your kitchen because you will surely want quick access to a fire blanket when there is an emergency, and you will find that you have a great chance to contain the fire.
- It will be easy for you to know how to use a fire blanket in a perfect way, all you need to do is to follow the upcoming steps correctly.
- In order to release the fire blanket, you will need to pull down the tabs hanging from the bottom of the package sharply, and you will find that all kinds of fire blankets are stored in small bags with two white tabs hanging down.
- Now you have to protect your hands by rolling the corners of the blanket over your hands, and you can also be able to use many kinds of flame retardant gloves, in case you cannot roll your hands promptly.
- It is time to place the blanket over the fire after you have secured your hands very well, but be careful not to throw the blanket but lay it down gently, and you need to start with the nearside of the flames and then you can move in.
Note: if you try to throw the bottom of the blanket at the first on the far side, it will cause flames to creep up over the blanket, and this will make your life in danger.
- You must make sure that you have turned off any heat source, like an oven, stove burner, or space heater, and this will have a great effect on the fire because this can decrease the amount of time it takes for the fire to throttle.
- Now you need to leave the blanket in place at the fire for almost 15 minutes until the flame is suffocated, and you must not move or touch the blanket at all until it becomes cool again.
- If you find that there is someone who catches the fire on his clothes, then you will need to wrap him in a fire blanket quickly, and at this step, you will also need to use only the edges of the blanket to protect your own hands from the fires and flames.
- Once you see that someone is in danger, all you need to do is to ask him to stop moving, drop on the ground, and roll immediately because it is the only way to diminish fire.
- In the end, you will need to get rid of the fire blankets after use because they are not designed to be reused and it is normal not to use these blankets one more time.
Note: before throwing away the fire blankets, you need to wait until they are a little bit cool.
- After making all the previews steps, you have to make some evaluations by a medical professional as fast as you can because you may have issues and you do not realize them yet, and some people think that it is not necessary to see a doctor because the burns look minor, but this is so wrong.